pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Amir H. Jadidinejad" <amir.jad...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: How to find the position of a specific paragraph in the input PDF? (UNCLASSIFIED)
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2014 11:41:52 GMT
Dear Mark,
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I don't understand the relation between your post and
the question!
I'm newbie in PDFBox, would you please elaborate how to extract the position of a specific
paragraph using the attached code?
It seems that it works with "fields" in the input pdf file. I'm looking for paragraphs, what's
their relation?
Kind regards,
Amir

________________________________
 From: "Strein, Mark C CIV USARMY TRADOC ANALYSIS CTR (US)" <mark.c.strein.civ@mail.mil>
To: "users@pdfbox.apache.org" <users@pdfbox.apache.org>; Amir H. Jadidinejad <amir.jadidi@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, August 4, 2014 3:52 PM
Subject: RE: How to find the position of a specific paragraph in the input PDF? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Morning Sir,
The basic construct for extracting the value in a field is:

field.getFullyQualifiedName().equalsIgnoreCase(fullyQualifiedName).getValue(
) - note: I use fully qualified names(FQN) to prevent errors

My way of extracting the FQN is as follows(the short version):

private void processField(PDField field,boolean buildPDList) throws
IOException
        {
            List kids = field.getKids();
            if(kids != null)
            {
                Iterator kidsIter = kids.iterator();
                while(kidsIter.hasNext())
                {
                    Object pdfObj = kidsIter.next();
                    if(pdfObj instanceof PDField)
                    {
                        PDField kid = (PDField)pdfObj;
                        processField(kid,buildPDList);
                    }
                }
            }
            else
            {
            If(!buildPDlist)
            {

System.err.println(field.getFullyQualifiedName());
            }
            else
            {
                //other processing