pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Hartman <aa...@hrtmn.net>
Subject Getting Line of Text from TextPos
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 19:27:04 GMT
Hi everyone;
I am currently scanning PDF’s for errors that have red text in them. I accomplished this
by extending the PDFTextStripper class and overriding the processTextPosition method to examine
the PDGraphicsState for the appropriate color values.

Once this position is found is it possible to extract only the line where that red text resides?
For the user it would be beneficial to see the line in which the error occurs. Since the processTextPosition
has the actual position I was hoping there may be a way to extract the line with the error
from within this method, or by storing the position and accessing it elsewhere.

If there is a way to accomplish this, please let me know!

Thank you for your time.

-Aaron