pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Chojecki <i...@rayman2200.de>
Subject Re: PDFBox on Debian ... org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory error
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 07:52:50 GMT

Zitat von John Magolske <listmail@b79.net>:

> Hi,
Hi John,

> In attempting to get pdfbox running on my Debian Sid system I did:
>
> aptitude install libpdfbox-java
> aptitude install libcommons-logging-java
> aptitude install libfontbox-java
> aptitude install libjempbox-java

Using libraries from the package repository can cause
incompatibilities between them. Because you will always get the latest
version and not the version the library like pdfbox need to be executed.

> Classpath is:
>
> % echo $CLASSPATH
> /usr/share/java/pdfbox-1.8.6.jar:/usr/share/java/commons-logging-1.1.3.jar:/usr/share/java/fontbox-1.8.6.jar:/usr/share/java/jempbox-1.8.6.jar

Looks good at the first look. pdfbox expect a commons-logging in the
version 1.1.1. but I think this would cause problems.

> Java is:
>
> % whence -savc java
> /usr/bin/java -> /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-i386/jre/bin/java
>
> When summoning pdfbox to convert a PDF to text:
>
> % java -cp /usr/share/java/pdfbox.jar org.apache.pdfbox.ExtractText

With this call you will only add the pdfbox.jar into the classpath not
the other jars. Try something like this to test if it maybe work.

% java -cp /usr/share/java/* org.apache.pdfbox.ExtractText

> some_file.pdf
> org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
>         at
> org.apache.pdfbox.pdfparser.BaseParser.<clinit>(BaseParser.java:68)
>         at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument.load(PDDocument.java:1234)
>         at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument.load(PDDocument.java:1200)
>         at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument.load(PDDocument.java:1125)
>         at
> org.apache.pdfbox.ExtractText.startExtraction(ExtractText.java:212)
>         at org.apache.pdfbox.ExtractText.main(ExtractText.java:85)
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)
>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
>         ... 6 more
>
> Nothing is converted...not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
Best regards
Thomas