pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Balaji Venkatamohan <balaji...@gmail.com>
Subject Having issues StandardProtrectionPolicy API and non editable nature of generated PDFs using PDFBOX APIs
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 22:34:16 GMT
Hello,

I am using Apache PdfBox in my work to fill in a PDF and I found a couple
of issues, if addressed, would be of great help. They are:

1. When I edit the fields of a PDF, say W4 form, I am able to read the
acrofields present in the PDF into a DOM like structure and feed values to
these fields. When I open the PDF I see that the values are being set
correctly. But I am unable to edit the generated PDF though I am able to
edit it using code. I would ideally like to have the generated PDF editable
by users without having to use any sort of code.

I referred to this ticket:
but unfortunately that ticket is unresolved.

2. The StandardProtectionPolicy APIs for encrypting and decrypting a PDF is
not working as specified in the documentation. Below are the issues:
- When I gave both the owner password and user password for encrypting the
PDF document, the API should enable opening the PDF in an editable form
when an owner password is given and in a non-editable form when a user
password is given. But in both cases, the PDF remains non editable.
- When I decrypt an encrypted PDF using user password, the decryption works
fine. But when I give the owner password, the decryption does not work and
is not able to recognize the owner password.

I tried looking online for a similar issue which has been addressed already
but I could not find anything on this. I would appreciate any help in
resolving these issues. Thank you for your time.

Thanks,
Balaji