pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From John Sutton <jsut...@gmail.com>
Subject AES encryption
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 23:13:00 GMT
Hi,
I love PDFBox! So many great features! And it works great! Question for you:

There is a setAES() method of the StandardSecurityHandler class, but when I
try to use it I get an error saying "AES encryption is not yet implemented."

A contributor, Manuel, was able to provide a patch 3 months ago and signed
a CLA:

I assume that means that AES encryption will be available soon. I have been
checking in to see the updates over the past few releases, but I have not
see anything about AES encryption in the release notes. I'm using a c#
build of PDFBox (v1.8.5) and I don't know how to apply the patch to the
java library before building it in c#. Is AES encryption expected to be
implemented soon?

Thanks!
-John