pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Radio Groups
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 01:46:59 GMT
Maybe a newbie answer...are you seeing any different values on the PDRadioCollection or its
kids with:

getAlternateNameField()
getFullyQualifiedName()
getPartialName()

Or did your client really use the same name for all three field name types for the two buttons?

Is setValue(String value) on the PDRadioCollection not working?

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Johnson [mailto:richard@ytivarg.com]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 6:03 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Radio Groups

Hi all,

It's probably a newbie question but I didn't see the answer handy.

I'm trying to fill a form that has a radio group built using the pattern:

   *  name two check boxes the same
   *  give them differing export values

In this case the two checkboxes are both named "RadioButton".  One has
the export value "Male", the other "Female."   Renaming one of the fields is
not really an option.  Our client provided the template and reads the form
automatically.  Renaming would break it.

What is a good way to figure out which one is the right one to set (i.e. how
can we read exportValue?  or is there a better way?),  and them what's a
good way to set the one I want?

Richard Johnson