pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Robinson <matt...@robinsons-qld.id.au>
Subject Extracting Field Font
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2014 21:00:38 GMT
Hello everyone.

I am using PDFBox to fill in the data entry fields of a pre-defined PDF with text, and I have
several instances where I would like to word wrap the text either into separate fields representing
each line, or into a single multi-line field by inserting CR/LF at the appropriate places.

To do this, I need to access the font settings the field and an appropriately configured Graphics2D
to calculate the font metrics so that I can provide a smart word wrap algorithm.

Has anyone done this before, and has some sample code?

Kind Regards,

Matt Robinson