pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Mack Giddens <mackdgidd...@gmail.com>
Subject PDFont Question
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 19:13:55 GMT
I'm not sure if I'm mailing this right but I have a bad memory leak.  I was
using PDF box to put data in a PDF and save it.  I keep getting that
class org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDFont @ 0x7ffeef08fb8 - 13,413,168
(4.99%) bytes.
is the problem I have tried the whole list of the clear resources but that
doesn't seem to free anything.  I have the pdfont taking 13 meg 15 times in
my memory dump.  Even when all the sessions time out this is still holding
the memory.  I was just wondering if this is something you have seen before
and maybe I'm doing something wrong you could tell me how to fix or release
the memory. I have watched it when the pdf is saved, closed, changed and it
never seems to let go.  I have went back in everything I have made to close
and set to null hoping that would help.  I hate to bug you but I've been
working on figuring this out for a while.  I put this in too but it didn't
do anything.

org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDCIDFontType2Font.clearResources();

org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDFont.clearResources();

org.apache.pdfbox.cos.COSName.clearResources();

org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDCIDFont.clearResources();

org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDCIDFontType0Font.clearResources();

org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDCIDFontType2Font.clearResources();

org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDFont.clearResources();

org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDMMType1Font.clearResources();

org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDSimpleFont.clearResources();

org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDTrueTypeFont.clearResources();

org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType0Font.clearResources();

org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType1AfmPfbFont.clearResources();

org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType1CFont.clearResources();

org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType1Font.clearResources();

org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType3Font.clearResources();
Thanks,
Mack D. Giddens