pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Siva Kumar <s...@knoesis.org>
Subject Highlighting a sentence in two-column pdf
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 10:56:16 GMT
Hi,

*Task:* Highlighting a sentence across two lines in TWO-column pdf

*Approach & Issue:*
I have been trying to highlight a given string in PDF file which spans
across multiple lines. I noticed that while extracting the coordinates of
the individual characters in a PDF, the origin of the page is the top left
of the page. However, while trying to highlight a PDF file using
coordinates initially found while extracting the text, the origin is
shifted to the bottom left of the page. This is what I observed while
trying to highlight a string in file. Is my observation correct? If so,
please suggest otherwise or how to deal with origin issue?

Is there some way in which I can find the maximum length of the page, or a
way in which I can revert the coordinates so that the highlighting is
possible.

Regards,

Siva.