pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Elrod <...@clemson.edu>
Subject Blank page when creating document in Linux
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:06:27 GMT

Hi everyone,

I'm using PDFBox to create a PDF document for our Registrars Department.  We develop on Windows
but deploy our software to run on Linux.  Mostly PL/SQL development, but this development
item I'm writing in Java.

On windows, I generate the PDF successfully.  But on Linux the document is blank.  Same number
of pages, just all of them are blank.  I tried using another font but to no avail.  For windows
I used the static method PDTrueTypeFont.loadTTF.

InputStream fontStream = GenerateLOMReport.class.getResourceAsStream("/org/apache/pdfbox/resources/ttf/ArialMT.ttf");
PDFont font = PDTrueTypeFont.loadTTF(document, fontStream);

For Linux/Unix I use the constructor PDType1AfmPfbFont.

InputStream afmStream = new FileInputStream(new File("/usr/share/fonts/default/Type1/a010013l.afm"));
InputStream pfbStream = new FileInputStream(new File("/usr/share/fonts/default/Type1/a010013l.pfb"));
PDFont font = new PDType1AfmPfbFont(document, afmStream, pfbStream);

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Jeffrey F. Elrod
Senior Applications Analyst
CCIT - Enterprise Applications