pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Adding SVG images to PDF
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 06:05:35 GMT
Hi Toni,

could you upload a sample PDF to a public location to have a look at it’s content?

BR
Maruan Sahyoun

Am 23.04.2014 um 14:54 schrieb Toni Helenius <Toni.Helenius@syncrontech.com>:

> Hi again,
>
> I created a new PDF file with Batik transcoder thingie. The file has one page with the
SVG embedded in it. What I want is to embed it in another PDF, to an existing page.

> If I open the new SVG PDF with PDFBox, I'm unable to extract the SVG.
> PDDocument chartDocument = PDDocument.load(new File("c:\\temp\\test.pdf"));
> PDPage chartPage = (PDPage)chartDocument.getDocumentCatalog().getAllPages().get(0);
> PDResources res = chartPage.findResources();
> res.getXObjects(); <--- No objects
>
> This extracting might not be necessary, I do not know yet. The PDF page is somewhat larger
than the SVG itself, so I recon it is necessary so that no ugly borders are introduced.

> Soooo, I have difficulties adding the page as such. I'm trying
> PDXObjectForm obj = new PDXObjectForm(chartPage.getContents()); -- Create new object
> contentStream.drawXObject(obj, 20, 180, 265, 200); -- Add to already open page
>
> This code creates a PDF that Acrobat Reader reports having problems in it. But opens
it anyway, obviously without the added content...