pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Qingchao Kong <kqingc...@gmail.com>
Subject How to define regions in PDFTextStripperByArea?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 06:38:15 GMT
Hi! I am using PDFBox to extract text from PDF files. One problem I am
facing is: PDFBox mixed the main content up with the PDF
footer(header) sections and I want to ignore the footer/header
sections.

I did some research and find that class PDFTextStripperByArea is a
promising solution. But could someone tell me: how to set the
Rectangle2D object in method "addRegion"?

To be more specific, here is some example code:

PDFTextStripperByArea stripper = new PDFTextStripperByArea();
Rectangle rect = new Rectangle( x, y, width, height );
stripper.addRegion( "class1", rect );

What does x, y, width and height mean? And how to set their values?

Thanks!