pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Norbert Sándor <develo...@erinors.com>
Subject PDF printing - page size problem
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 19:07:21 GMT
Hello,

I use FOP to generate PDFs, and PDFBOX to print them.

Recently I switched to the trunk version, mainly because of these issues
in the current stable version:

  * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-1452
  * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-1776
  * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-1776

The trunk version fixed the above issues but has a new one: when I print
a PDF with an unusual page size, the printed page size is incorrect.

 1. PDF is generated using FOP, page size is 2,76x23,62 (correct)
 2. I load the PDF using PDDocument.load() then immediately save() it,
    the resulting PDF has page size of 2,76x23,62 (correct)
 3. pdfDocument.getPage(0).findMediaBox() returns
    [0.0,0.0,198.425,1700.787] (correct)
 4. But when I try to print it using /new PDFPrinter(pdfDocument,
    printJob).silentPrint()/ to a virtual PdfCreator printer, then the
    resulting PDF has page size of 8,26x11,69 and the content is
    horizontally centered on the page. I tried physical printers as well
    with the same result, the output always seems to have A4 size...

Do you have any idea how can I change the page size for printing?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Best regards:
Norbert Sándor