pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Staerk <jsta...@usegroup.de>
Subject how to add pdfa extension schemas?
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 08:20:12 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to support a standard which adds information in the RDF
metadata. This can relatively easily be implemented by subclassing
XMPBasicSchema.

Now the standard is PDF/A3 based and therefore I have to describe the
changed (as defined in 6.6.2.3.2 of the PDF/A standard) using
PDFA3-Extension Schema which is hard:

So I have to add the following structure:
+--bag
   +--rdf:li
      +--some text node (multiple)
      +--property node
         +--rdf:Seq
            +--rdf:li (multiple) attribute node
               +--some text node (multiple)

Which base class should I use? Which functions can I use? I tried
XMPSchemaBasic again but this time I need
not only sequences with attributes (which would work because
addSequenceValue accepts "Elementable") but I need a bag with a
sequences with attributes and addBagValue seems to support only String?

This is an example of a pdfa Extension schema:

 <rdf:Description rdf:about=""
            xmlns:pdfaExtension="http://www.aiim.org/pdfa/ns/extension/"
            xmlns:pdfaSchema="http://www.aiim.org/pdfa/ns/schema#"
            xmlns:pdfaProperty="http://www.aiim.org/pdfa/ns/property#">
         <pdfaExtension:schemas>
            <rdf:Bag>
               <rdf:li rdf:parseType="Resource">
                  <pdfaSchema:schema> Schema name</pdfaSchema:schema>

<pdfaSchema:namespaceURI>urn:xxxx:pdfa:xxxxx:yy#</pdfaSchema:namespaceURI>
                  <pdfaSchema:prefix>xy</pdfaSchema:prefix>
                  <pdfaSchema:property>
                     <rdf:Seq>
                        <rdf:li rdf:parseType="Resource">

<pdfaProperty:name>AttributeName</pdfaProperty:name>

<pdfaProperty:valueType>Text</pdfaProperty:valueType>

<pdfaProperty:category>external</pdfaProperty:category>
                           <pdfaProperty:description>description of
name</pdfaProperty:description>
                        </rdf:li>
                        <rdf:li rdf:parseType="Resource">
                           <pdfaProperty:name>Type</pdfaProperty:name>

<pdfaProperty:valueType>Text</pdfaProperty:valueType>

<pdfaProperty:category>external</pdfaProperty:category>

<pdfaProperty:description>sometype</pdfaProperty:description>
                        </rdf:li>
                     </rdf:Seq>
                  </pdfaSchema:property>
               </rdf:li>
            </rdf:Bag>
         </pdfaExtension:schemas>

Thanks and kind regards
Jochen
- --
mit freundlichen Grüßen
Jochen Stärk

www.usegroup.de      (home office)
Albigerstr. 22       Huswertstraße 14
55232 Alzey          60435 Frankfurt
Tel: (069)569940-20  Fax: (069)569940-19
Mobil: (0177)4512645