pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Problems converting Special characters from PDF to text
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:41:43 GMT
Hi,

I took a quick look but at this point in time I can’t think about an easy solution. Adobe
Reader gives the same result when copying and pasting the text. I know not very helpful in
your case. As the internal structure of you PDF uses what’s called a Differences Array one
would need more time to inspect the characters, the encoding and the glyphs to find if the
result could potentially be enhanced. I’m not very optimistic though.

Is there a way to control how the PDF is created? Could that be changed?

BR
Maruan Sahyoun

Am 11.03.2014 um 14:17 schrieb aduester@mail.uni-paderborn.de:

> Found a solution to localize the brackets.
>
> Only problem i have is:
> I only get the right output text file with PDFLib and not with PDFBox.
> Cant use PdfLib for documents with more then one page.
>
> I attach the 2 different outputs
>
> Zitat von aduester@mail.uni-paderborn.de:
>
>> when i open the converted txt file in browser it is displayed correct.
>> is there a way to convert the character in pdf to unicode in txt?
>>
>> like
>>
>> text U+2308 text
>>

>> Zitat von aduester@mail.uni-paderborn.de:
>>
>>> thanks for the advice. I tried copying the character to notepad++ and  its the
same behavior. If i use pdflib i get blanket squares for the  special characters.

>>> the characters are these:
>>> http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2308/index.htm
>>> http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/230b/index.htm
>>>
>>> i dont have acrobat pro version.
>>>
>>> added attachement
>>>
>>> thank you

the connection to the right Unicode value - then it can't be  extracted properly.

of text in question and paste it into a Unicode enabled text  window or control

luck. If they are showing the right character, report back.

use Preflight and from the Preflight window's options  menu choose "Explore PDF structure")
and drill down to the resp.  font resource and find out whether it has a decent ToUnicode
entry  or not.

Allee 6/7 | 10119 Berlin
| www.callassoftware.com

to convert a pdf to text. It works fine  for me except one thing.
to a single letter (right ceil is converted to a "d" and  left floor one to a "c". I need
at least something unique because I  want parse the text later and I need to localize the
brackets.
out of the pdf manually it?s the same behavior. Any idea to  help me?