pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Walter Kehl <walter.k...@outlook.com>
Subject FW: Bug report
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 19:42:14 GMT
Hi,

for the bug report below, I couldn’t send the PDF file as attachment, it was
rejected by your mail program. If you need it, please let me know and I’ll
send you a dropbox link.

Best

Walter Kehl

From: Walter Kehl [mailto:walter.kehl@outlook.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 25. März 2014 20:35
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Bug report

Hi,

I assume this is the best (only?) was to enter a bug report for PDFBox
1.8.4.

How to reproduce:

Enter the command line with the attached file:

java -jar "C:\Program Files\PDFBox 1.8.4\pdfbox-app-1.84.jar" ExtractText
-sort SoutheastAsiaEnergyOutlook_WEO2013SpecialReport.pdf

Then the following exception happens:

ExtractText failed with the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general
contract!

        at java.util.TimSort.mergeHi(Unknown Source)

        at java.util.TimSort.mergeAt(Unknown Source)

        at java.util.TimSort.mergeCollapse(Unknown Source)

        at java.util.TimSort.sort(Unknown Source)

        at java.util.TimSort.sort(Unknown Source)

        at java.util.Arrays.sort(Unknown Source)

        at java.util.Collections.sort(Unknown Source)

        at
org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFTextStripper.writePage(PDFTextStripper.java:565)

        at
org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFTextStripper.processPage(PDFTextStripper.java:457)

        at
org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFTextStripper.processPages(PDFTextStripper.java:381
)

        at
org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFTextStripper.writeText(PDFTextStripper.java:340)

        at
org.apache.pdfbox.ExtractText.startExtraction(ExtractText.java:275)

        at org.apache.pdfbox.ExtractText.main(ExtractText.java:85)

        at org.apache.pdfbox.PDFBox.main(PDFBox.java:58)

Environment: Windows 7 64-bit.

Best Regards and Thanks for providing your library

Walter Kehl