pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Stan Taylor <Stan.Tay...@j2.com>
Subject RE: Annotations not being rendered
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 22:00:20 GMT
Nope; I don't see any in PDFDebugger and programmatically, PDAnnotation.getAppearanceStream()
 and PDAnnotation.getAppearance() return null for all annotations obtained from the PDPage.

Stan

-----Original Message-----
From: Olaf Drümmer [mailto:olaflist@callassoftware.com]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2014 2:48 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Cc: Olaf Drümmer
Subject: Re: Annotations not being rendered

Do the annotations have an appearance (AP) entry?

Olaf

Am 28 Mar 2014 um 21:17 schrieb "Stan Taylor" <stantayl@gmail.com>:

> Is anyone else experience issues regarding annotations not being rendered?   Attached
here are two PDF samples created from the /examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/pdmodel/Annotation.java
example program from PDFBox 1.8.4 (stan1.pdf) and PDFBox 2.0.0 (stan2.pdf).

> Viewing these PDFs in Adobe Reader (Windows v10), I can see the annotations fine, but
the annotations don't show up when I use the PDFBox app's PDFReader feature from either version
of PDFBox.  The annotations are likewise not visible when I render the (first and only) page
to an image, via PDPage.convertToImage() in PDFBox 1.8.4 or via PDFRender. renderImageWithDPI()
in PDFBox 2.0.0.

> The original problem I was investigating was why annotations created by another PDF package
were not showing up, but now I am realizing that annotations generated by PDFBox's own example
program don't render either?!

> And ideas/recommendations?
>
> Thanks,
> Stan

Cloud Services for Business www.j2.com
j2 | eFax | eVoice | FuseMail | Campaigner | KeepItSafe | Onebox

This email, its contents and attachments contain information from j2 Global, Inc. and/or its
affiliates which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any
disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you
have received this email in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the
original message and any copies. (c) 2013 j2 Global, Inc. All rights reserved. eFax, eVoice,
Campaigner, FuseMail, KeepItSafe, and Onebox are registered trademarks of j2 Global, Inc.
and its affiliates.