pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Candace Bain <candace.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Text extract/replace using PDFBox
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 19:26:35 GMT
I'm using PDFBox to programatically create a PDF file by finding and
replacing text in a template PDF file.  The template was created by someone
in a different department.  This worked correctly in a previous version of
the software, but we've added some new text for the next version of the
software that is not working.

The problem seems to be that the text in the previous version of the file
is using the Imago font with Ansi encoding, whereas the text that was added
to the newer version of the file is using the Imago font with Identiy-H
encoding.

This file was created with Adobe InDesign, and I am not familiar enough
with the product to know how to ensure that the fonts in the exported PDF
file only use Ansi encoding.  Is this possible, or is it possible to
process the template with another application to make sure we're using a
font with Ansi encoding?

I've attached the template file that is causing the problem in case that is
useful,

Best regards,

Candace