pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Rossella Petrucci <rossella2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Private key and mark
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 19:13:14 GMT
Yes exactly i cannot use the key material on the smart card directly, so I have used the pkcs11library
to interface the device and have the informations I want, for example the certificate chain.
So, I have to do the signature with pkcs11 library and then pass it to pdfbox?
And what about sign and mark document?

Thank you all!!

Rossella

Inviato da iPhone

> Il giorno 19/feb/2014, alle ore 13:13, Lachezar Dobrev <l.dobrev@gmail.com> ha
scritto:

>  Well... Typically when using a hardware device one does not use the
> key material directly, but rather uses a PKCS#11 library to interface
> the device and call on it to perform any cryptographic operations it
> needs to: signatures, verification, encryption, decryption, generation
> etc.
>  For this reason Java (Oracle/Sun variants, not sure about OpenJDK)
> provides a whole cryptographic component set (aka Provider) that uses
> an underlying PKCS#11 library [1]. It is a complete cryptography
> provider, not only a key-store provider, and can not be used to gain
> access to the protected key material.
>  Admittedly I have had little use of that, and a have not looked at
> PDFBox's cryptography methods, so I can not be of further help, but as
> far as I can see: that is the way to handle PKCS#11 smart-cards.
>
> [1] http://download.java.net/jdk8/docs/technotes/guides/security/p11guide.html#P11Provider

>> Since this is a hardware device, I suppose you cannot extract the private
>> key from the card?

>>> Yes i have this!!!
>>>

>>> Inviato da iPhone

>>> http://javadoc.iaik.tugraz.at/pkcs11_wrapper/current/iaik/pkcs/pkcs11/objects/PrivateKey.html