pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Saving PDFHighlighter selection to PDF
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 16:57:55 GMT
That should work nicely for finding character sequences and constructing
rectangle coordinates.

Thank you very much for the help!

On 17/02/14 17:45, Maruan Sahyoun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you can take a look at org.apache.pdfbox.examples.util.PrintTextLocations.java which
gives you a sample of outputting the location of individual characters.

> BR
> Maruan Sahyoun
>

> Am 17.02.2014 um 16:18 schrieb Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@gmail.com>:
>
>> I've come up with a good way to insert color-filled rectangles through the use of
Overlay (so that they are rendered behind the text instead of the front of it.)

>> However, how do I get the text coordinates? For example, I'd like to get the coordinates
for every occurrence of the word "mark me" so that I can create a new PDDocument with filled
rectangles and then overlay the original over it. Currently, I have: