pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Sheila M. Morrissey" <Sheila.Morris...@ithaka.org>
Subject [SURVEY] PDFBox Uses Cases
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 18:04:54 GMT
We use PDFBox for many different things here (and really appreciate all the good work of this
community)

We are most interested in seeing work continue issue PDFBox-1000 -- creating a conforming
parser - -so that we can validate PDF files and extract technical metadata about them for
long-term preservation purposes.  This is something important to many institutions in the
digital preservation space.

Best,

Sheila

Sheila M. Morrissey
Senior Research Developer
ITHAKA
100 Campus Drive
Suite 100
Princeton NJ 08540
609-986-2221
sheila.morrissey@ithaka.org<mailto:sheila.morrissey@ithaka.org>

ITHAKA (www.ithaka.org<http://www.ithaka.org/>) is a not-for-profit organization that
helps the academic community use digital technologies to preserve the scholarly record and
to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.  We provide innovative services that
benefit higher education, including Ithaka S+R, JSTOR, and Portico.