pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Arkady Leyner" <ark...@islandpacific.com>
Subject Document view rotated
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 00:46:45 GMT
Hi PDFBox support,

I use Apache FOP for the label formatting. I create PDF document then
print it with PDFBox to the Label printer. Everything works OK except
PDF box performs unnecessary rotation so labels are printed in a wrong
direction.

I attached file label.pdf created by FOP. I can print this file from
Adobe Acrobat (Adobe Reader 9.0) to the label printer. Printout from
Acrobat perfectly fits label on the label printer. However when I print
from PDFBox labels are rotated.

I redirected Acrobat and PDFBox printout to PDF file and attached both
files (I used PRINTPDF command to create PDFBOX printout). You can see
how PDFBox printout rotates view. You easily can run similar tests to
any A4 printer. Don't worry about page layout and edges cutting.
Printout looks completely different on the label printer with the
correct page size definition. My only concern is rotation. Is it
possible to prevent view rotation in PDFBox printing?

Arkady Leyner

<http://www.islandpacific.com/>   <http://www.islandpacific.com/>
<http://www.islandpacific.com/>
Software Developer
P +61 2 9369 8519
F +61 2 9387 7110
   <http://www.facebook.com/IPGlobalRetail>
   <https://twitter.com/ipglobalretail>
 Ground Floor, 35 Spring St Bondi Junction NSW 2022, Australia