pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andyphillips...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SURVEY] PDFBox Uses Cases
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 18:45:12 GMT
We use the PDFBox to scrap data from public records held in PDFs.     We had to modify the
PDFTextStripper some to make fit (i’ve uploaded those two changes) as well as created some
surrounding classes to sort, organize, and filter through data.   This is always a challenge
with PDFs as they were not really designed for this, like scrapping HTML sites are.

Or next phase is to look at incorporating the images alone with the text to create a map of
text and images to pull data from in specific locations or regions…

Love the product and a big thanks for all the hard work put into it.