pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Eliot Kimber <ekim...@rsicms.com>
Subject Re: [SURVEY] PDFBox Uses Cases
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 14:27:15 GMT
Primary uses:

1. Text extraction to facilitate full-text indexing of PDFs

2. Constructing PDFs for “art manuscripts”: taking a set of images and
associated metadata from a CMS and producing PDFs that show the images and
the metadata, one per page. PDF includes a QR code that captures essential
CMS details, such as object ID. Use PDF box to read PDFs that are scans of
these previously-generated pages (e.g., somebody prints the original PDF,
marks on it, scans it back to a new PDF), extract the QR code, and
correlate the scanned page image to the original image from which the
first PDF was generated.

Cheers,

Eliot
--