pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tom Kesling <kesl...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions about Streaming PDFs and Form fields
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 03:39:27 GMT
Hello,
I would like to ask a few questions about Streaming with PDFBox.

I use the term Streaming for the lack of a better term.  My code will
execute in a JEE Container so I need to conserve memory as much as
possible.

Goals:
I want to be able to set form fields in a PDF without loading the PDF into
memory.
I would like to stream in the PDF and set the fields as they are
encountered.
A new PDF will be streamed to disk with the populated form fields.

I would also like to be able to read form fields from a PDF without loading
it into memory.
I would like to to stream in the PDF and read the fields as they are
encountered.

I've messed around with the PDFStreamingParser but I haven't figured out
how to locate form fields.

If anyone can give me any guidance or examples of how to do this that would
help alot.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,