pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Shannon, Kevin" <Shannon.Ke...@principal.com>
Subject RE: [SURVEY] PDFBox Uses Cases
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 17:31:19 GMT
I use java pdf utilities to
* fill form fields
* combine multiple pdf files into one document
* display that document in a Java Swing application
* and print the pdf to a printer.

Today, I use iText to fill form fields & combine pdf files because it is much faster.
 I use a command line call to Adobe Reader for printing, but I could investigate printing
with PDFBox.  The main thing I use PDFBox for is converting a pdf to an image for display
in the application.

I'm still facing a display issue with fonts in Java 7u21, which makes it difficult to continue
using PDFBox.  I think others have also reported this issue on the list.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: users-digest-help@pdfbox.apache.org [mailto:users-digest-help@pdfbox.apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 1:11 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: users Digest 7 Jan 2014 07:11:18 -0000 Issue 770

Dear PDFBox users,

we'd love to hear from you how you are using PDFBox in your PDF applications. Do
you use it for rendering, merging, creation ... - what is the main application?

As we are planning for PDFBox 2.0 there are already a lot of ideas what could be
done in that release. Your input will help us to better understand where we
could put our focus.

Please understand that we will take your input seriously but as this is a
volunteers effort we can not commit to a certain functionality. And if you'd
like to help you're always welcome to do so.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Maruan Sahyoun

Administrivia:

-----Message Disclaimer-----

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or
reply email to Connect@principal.com and delete or destroy all copies of
the original message and attachments thereto. Email sent to or from the
Principal Financial Group or any of its member companies may be retained
as required by law or regulation.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an Electronic signature
for purposes of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) or the
Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act ("E-Sign")
unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

While this communication may be used to promote or market a transaction
or an idea that is discussed in the publication, it is intended to provide
general information about the subject matter covered and is provided with
the understanding that The Principal is not rendering legal, accounting,
or tax advice. It is not a marketed opinion and may not be used to avoid
penalties under the Internal Revenue Code. You should consult with
appropriate counsel or other advisors on all matters pertaining to legal,
tax, or accounting obligations and requirements