pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Ross Woolf <rwo...@tybera.com>
Subject RE: [SURVEY] PDFBox Uses Cases
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 18:04:23 GMT
As with others, I want to thank everyone for their great work on PDFBox.

We are using PDFBox for the purpose of signing documents as well as appending and adding information
to the document relative to the signing.  It is used as a service inside a special purpose
document management system.

At present, the signing requires me to write out a temp PDF as part of the signing process.
  I would like it so that I can process that signing as a stream as it will sit in between
other processes that produce and consume streams and it would be nice to not have to go through
the process of saving the temp PDF and cleaning up after it once I have produced the signed
document and sent it on as a stream to the next process.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Maruan Sahyoun [mailto:sahyoun@fileaffairs.de]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 4:31 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: [SURVEY] PDFBox Uses Cases

Dear PDFBox users,

we'd love to hear from you how you are using PDFBox in your PDF applications. Do you use it
for rendering, merging, creation ... - what is the main application?

As we are planning for PDFBox 2.0 there are already a lot of ideas what could be done in that
release. Your input will help us to better understand where we could put our focus.

Please understand that we will take your input seriously but as this is a volunteers effort
we can not commit to a certain functionality. And if you'd like to help you're always welcome
to do so.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Maruan Sahyoun