pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Ross Woolf <rwo...@tybera.com>
Subject Validating signatures and removing signatures
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 23:58:51 GMT
I have two related questions regarding signed PDF documents

1.       Is it possible with PDFBox to validate signatures?

2.       Is it possible to remove signatures using PDFBox that were previously signed using
PDFBox (the same certificate as signing will be available)?

If so, can someone point me to any examples or explanation of how I would achieve either.

The reason I would like to do this is I have a special purpose DMS where PDF files are signed
upon being submitted into the DMS.  Most of the time the document, when being fetched from
the DMS, will just be retrieved with the original signature as when it was submitted.  However,
There are certain conditions when a document is fetched from the DMS where additional pages
need to be appended to the document.  For integrity sake before appending the pages I want
to check that the original signature is valid, and if so, then remove the original signature,
append the necessary data, and then sign the document anew relative to the modified document
and then send it on to the requester.