pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "pdfbox-kurt@hestonsystems.com" <pdfbox-k...@hestonsystems.com>
Subject How does one construct/modify a PDXFA object to pass to setXfa() ?
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 23:26:54 GMT
I'm attempting to fill field data for a Live Cycle Designer 8.0-created
fillable PDF.  Field.setValue() appears to be of little use to me.  The
forums explain in a few posts that getXfa and setXfa can me used for
this purpose.  But I'm unable to locate code snippets that demonstrate
how this is done.

I'm able to update the appropriate XML node within the doc I can
retrieve using getXfa().  However,  I've been at this for a few hours
and haven't found a way to pass my updated xml form field data back to
PDFBox for rendering.

Does anyone have an example that builds a PDXFA object from XML (we
appear to have a getDocument but no setDocument to compliment it within
the current API) or one that uses some other method to update the
underlying COSBase object with new field values?