pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Mica Cooper" <mica.coo...@aisus.com>
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache PDFBox 1.8.4 released
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 17:13:00 GMT
So retroweaver or retrotranslator then, bytecode manipulation.

Many commercial software companies take the realistic view of a 1.3 or 1.4 codebase compiled
to 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6. The reality is many large corporate shops are tied to older versions
of the JDK, even though you may not understand or be a part of that world it is still fact.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Lehmkühler [mailto:andreas@lehmi.de]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2014 8:38 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache PDFBox 1.8.4 released

Hi

> Mica Cooper <mica.cooper@aisus.com> hat am 31. Januar 2014 um 14:56
> geschrieben:
>

> Has anyone backported this to JDK 1.4.2?
I don't like discussions about useful and non-useful versions of the JDK, but 1.4.2?
Are you serious? That's not just old, it's ancient?

To answer your questions, I'm not aware of any backport.

Just for your interest, PDFBox 2.0.0 will rely on JDK 1.6.0 as minumum java version.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler