pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Petras Petkus" <petras.pet...@mitsoft.lt>
Subject RE: [SURVEY] PDFBox Uses Cases
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 07:10:24 GMT
Dear PDFBox authors and contributors,

Sincerely thank you very much for your efforts for this library. PDFBox
provides us the fundamental base platform for manipulating PDF files. Thanks
to it in our project we use it for working with existing PDF/A documents:

.         PDF/A compliance verification;

.         Adding/reading/validating XMP metadata;

.         Signing, time-stamping, validation data inclusion for long term
preservation (according to PAdES parts 3 and 4) and signature verification.

Though some of these features are not natively available in PDFBox, but
thanks to its architecture we could extend it and implement most of this
functionality (metadata and signing related mostly). Most difficult part for
us is PDF/A compliance validation. We based our solution on PDFBox preflight
implementation, but it supports only PDF/A-1. Looking forward to
verification support for later PDF/A parts.

With best regards,

Petras Petkus