pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Martin Minka <martin.mi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to write UTF-8 text into PDF?
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 16:11:28 GMT
Hello Tan,
my answer will not make you happy. I asked similar question (
http://markmail.org/message/l6au7uo4ytt6zzlf) and got answer that UTF-8
support will be added with
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-922. Vote on that issue
if you want to have it solved.

I ended up to use PdfClown library where it was easy to add UTF-8 text with
embedding TTF font into PDF document. The only problem I found with
PdfClown is that it doesn't support font subsetting and the resulting PDF
gets very big by embedding the whole TTF font. See my feature request
https://sourceforge.net/p/clown/feature-requests/14/.

The PDFBOX-922 ticket is the second most voted so hopefully it will be
added.

Sincerely,
Martin