pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Amedeo Mantica <amedeo.mant...@insigno.it>
Subject Re: pdf to image conversion Web
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2013 17:06:22 GMT
I would use imagemagick for that one

Sent from my iPhone

> On 23/nov/2013, at 04:58, "Ranganathan, Balaji" <Balaji.Ranganathan@apria.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am developing a java web application where use will upload a pdf file and the web application
will convert the pdf to png images and send embedded html email.

> The pdf is around 6 pages, the application takes around 9 sec to convert the pdf to png
using PDPage.convertToImage method.

> When I do a load test of the application with 10 concurrent users the page.convertToImage
take around 60 secs.,
> The performance decreases further if the concurrent users are more.
>
> I am using pdfbox 1.8.2
>
> Below is the code I am using to convert to image
>
> PDDocument document = PDDocument.loadNonSeq(new File(pdfFileName), scratchFile);
> List<PDPage> pageList = document.getDocumentCatalog().getAllPages();
> int pageSize = pageList.size();
> String[] retVal = new String[pageSize];
> int imgType = BufferedImage.TYPE_BYTE_BINARY;
> int i = 0;
>
> for (PDPage page : pageList) {
>            BufferedImage image = page.convertToImage(imgType, 133);
>            if (image.getGraphics() != null) {
>                        image.getGraphics().dispose();
>            }
>            ImageIOUtil.writeImage(image, "png", prefix + i, imgType, 133);
>            i++;
>
> Let me know if there is any problem with the code.
>
> Let me know if I am doing any mistakes or converToImage can only be used in desktop applications?
>
> Balaji Ranganathan

> Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient, please (i) do not read, copy
or use this communication, or disclose it to others, (ii) notify the sender immediately by
replying to the message, and (iii) delete the e-mail from your system. Thank you.