pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkühler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: PDFBOX 2.0.0
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 11:15:53 GMT
Hi,

> Ionut Caruceriu <Ionut.Caruceriu@tss-yonder.com> hat am 22. Oktober 2013 um
> 08:51 geschrieben:
>

> Hello,
>
> Can You please tell me when pdfbox 2.0.0 will be released,
No, as we don't have a fixed releaseplan. There are a lot of things we want to
include in the next major version,
so that it will most likely take some more time until it'll be ready.

> because I have the issue with printing ArialMT font and I saw that it was
> fixed in 2.0.0 version.
> Or at least can you please help me with a hotfix or something?
I assume your are talking about the improved true type font rendering
(PDFBOX-490), aren't you?
That "fix" consists of a lot of changes including some refactoring and
api-changes, so that a backport
to an earlier 1.8.x version would be a lot of work or probably not possible
(because of the api-changes).
The only possible workaround is to create your own version using the current
trunk.

> Thanks in advance.
> I'm waiting for your response.
> Regards,