pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Question about Graphics2D
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 07:44:26 GMT
Yes, Apache FOP has a Graphics2D implementation that lets you generate PDF.
An example can be found here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/examples/embedding/java/embedding/ExampleJava2D2PDF.java

While it would be great to have a Graphics2D implementation as part of
PDFBox, I can say from first-hand experience (I was heavily involved in
writing the FOP version) that it is quite some work. The basics are done
quickly but then there are the little things. As always. ;-)

HTH
Jeremias Maerki