pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Peter Murray-Rust <pm...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: How to convert a text to curve?
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 07:16:57 GMT
I ran into this with early versions of PDFBox (see
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/pdfbox-users/201204.mbox/%3CCAD2k14OjB02+u+KLRtYKL6xzOU_++F-hvNw6MyVh5LRoj1L2Xg@mail.gmail.com%3E).
I was trying to create characters from PDFBox to pass into Batik and
(I
thinkPDFBox 1.6) output vectors (curves) instead. Later versions output
characters. Of course you will have to translate the SVG into PDF.

So I think there are tools which can be chained to solve your problem but
you will probably have to spend some time glueing them together.

I  am working on the reverse problem - trying to discover the characters
from their curves (some documents only store the glyphs). That's much
harder but it's possible. So really determined people may be able to
reconstruct characters from curves (e.g. by writing to a canvas and OCR)
but it's a lot of work.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics