pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From <Robert.P...@opengi.co.uk>
Subject FW: Issue with PDFBox 'Overlay' and Headers/Footers
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 08:17:03 GMT
Hi,

I'm experiencing an issue with overlaying PDFs using PDFBox 1.8.2.

I'm generating a ('Source') PDF via MS Word. When subsequently using the 'Overlay' class to
place this source PDF onto another ('Stationery') PDF, the resulting PDF doesn't appear to
contain any of the contents of the 'Source' PDF - it only appears to contain the content from
the 'Stationery' PDF itself.

The issue only appears to be prevalent when the original MS Word document contains header/footer
content - my original 'Source' Word document contains a header.

I'm including the following sample code to indicate how I'm using PDFBox to overlay the PDFs.
Note: The sample code is C# - I can reproduce the same symptoms when using Java code.

            PDDocument sourcePDF = PDDocument.load(@"C:\1work\Source.pdf");
            PDDocument stationeryPDF = PDDocument.load(@"C:\1work\Stationery.pdf");

            // Overlay the stationery document over the main document...
            Overlay pdfOverlay = new Overlay();
            PDDocument outputPDF = pdfOverlay.overlay(sourcePDF, stationeryPDF);

            // Save the document resulting from 'overlay'...
            outputPDF.save(@"C:\1work\Output.pdf");

            // Close the documents...
            stationeryPDF.close();
            sourcePDF.close();
            outputPDF.close();

I've attached the two PDFs used in this sample.

Any help gratefully received,

Regards,

Robert Page
Lead Developer - Strategic Core Development
open gi
Buckholt Drive, Warndon, Worcester WR4 9SR
Tel: +44 (0)1905 754455 Ext: 2154
Fax: +44 (0)1905 754441
Email: robert.page@opengi.co.uk<mailto:robert.page@opengi.co.uk>
Web: www.opengi.co.uk<http://www.opengi.co.uk/>

powering broker business for 30 years

"This message is intended for the named recipient only and may be privileged and/or confidential.
If you are not the intended or named recipient or have received this email in error then you
should not copy forward or disclose it to any other persons. If you have received this email
in error you should destroy it and contact the sender so that we may take appropriate action.
The views and opinions expressed in this email may not represent the views and opinions of
Open International Limited or any of its subsidiaries and are made without prejudice and subject
to contract. The Company Reserves the right to intercept and review all email communications."

Open International Limited. Registered Office: Buckholt Drive, Warndon, Worcester, WR4 9SR.
Registered in England. Registered No: 05716519