pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Chris Bamford <cbamf...@mimecast.com>
Subject Re-post: Extract images in a memory-friendly way
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 15:37:59 GMT
Hello,

I recently posted a question about an alternative approach to extracting images but got no
reply.
Does anyone have any ideas?  Ideally I'd like to be able to pull the images out one by one,
preferably via a stream so they can be written straigh to file with minimum impact on heap
space - but failing that maybe one by one into memory.  Are there any APIs which support this?

Thanks

- Chris

> Hi folks,
>
> Is there an approach I can use to extract images from a PDF file one at a time so they
are not all loaded into memory at once?