pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Lachezar Dobrev <l.dob...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to read PDF with embedded Black-And-White TIFF.
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:39:45 GMT
  Hello colleagues.

  Since a month or two I've started using PDF Box to read PDF files
received from a scanner. Recently some of the users started receiving
this error:

> java.lang.RuntimeException: EOL encountered in black run.
>  at org.apache.pdfbox.filter.TIFFFaxDecoder.decodeNextScanline(TIFFFaxDecoder.java:677)
>  at org.apache.pdfbox.filter.TIFFFaxDecoder.decode2D(TIFFFaxDecoder.java:766)
>  at org.apache.pdfbox.filter.CCITTFaxDecodeFilter.decode(CCITTFaxDecodeFilter.java:120)
>  at org.apache.pdfbox.cos.COSStream.doDecode(COSStream.java:295)
>  at org.apache.pdfbox.cos.COSStream.doDecode(COSStream.java:237)
>  at org.apache.pdfbox.cos.COSStream.getUnfilteredStream(COSStream.java:172)
>  at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.graphics.xobject.PDCcitt.getRGBImage(PDCcitt.java:155)

  Opening the same file with evince yields:
> Syntax Error (40958): Missing 'endstream' or incorrect stream length

  But the file still displays and the image content is visible.

  The files that exhibit this problem have sensitive information, and
I don't feel comfortable sharing those.
  However if anyone of the developers needs a sample I can probably
provide one off-list.

  Please advise.