pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkuehler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: New small pdfbox project to repaginate simplex-scanned duplex documents
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 15:16:07 GMT
Hi,

Am 15.07.2013 21:59, schrieb Robin Kirkman:
> On 07/15/2013 02:25 PM, Andreas Lehmkuehler wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 15.07.2013 07:07, schrieb Robin Kirkman:
>>> I've written a small Apache-licensed app to "repaginate" PDF documents scanned
>>> from double-sided papers with a single-sided scanner.  The URL for the project
>>> is http://www.simplexrepaginator.com/ .  I don't know if anyone keeps track of
>>> nifty examples of pdfbox, but I think this might be one.  I use it all the time
>>> when digitizing my household files.
>>>
>>> I didn't see a "used by" section or its equivalent on the pdfbox website.  Would
>>> this be a good time to make one?
>> We have a reference section [1]. What do you expect us to do? Should we add your
>> code as example or do want to be listed on our reference list?
>
> I didn't have anything particular in mind, I've just (I think!) seen some of the
> other Apache libraries list other projects that use them. The "simplex
> repaginator" tool just seemed to me like the sort of neato use of PDFBox that
> might be worth mentioning, but I certainly have no expectations.
I added your project to our references list.

>> BTW: it would be nice if you give us some credit on your page as well. Something
>> like "Using Apache PDFBox" including a link to our website. :-)
>
> Well, you're already in the "Credits" page:
> http://www.simplexrepaginator.com/credits/ But given that the whole thing relies
> so heavily on PDFBox it certainly makes sense to make that a bit more prominent.
Oh, I didn't saw that page, sorry for that. But one additional comment from the
peanut gallery, all apache projects are named like this: "Apache XXX". Please
fix that if you can spare some cycles.

>>> --Robin Kirkman
>>>

> Anyway, worst-case scenario, people aren't interested in the utility I wrote.  I
> still think it's pretty cool though, and it saves me a heck of a lot of menial
> drudgery.
I don't need it, but most likely there are others who might look for something
like that.

> --Robin Kirkman
>
>> Thanks for the information!
>>
>> BR