pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Robin Kirkman <robin.kirk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New small pdfbox project to repaginate simplex-scanned duplex documents
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:59:21 GMT
On 07/15/2013 02:25 PM, Andreas Lehmkuehler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 15.07.2013 07:07, schrieb Robin Kirkman:
>> I've written a small Apache-licensed app to "repaginate" PDF
>> documents scanned
>> from double-sided papers with a single-sided scanner.  The URL for
>> the project
>> is http://www.simplexrepaginator.com/ .  I don't know if anyone keeps
>> track of
>> nifty examples of pdfbox, but I think this might be one.  I use it
>> all the time
>> when digitizing my household files.
>>
>> I didn't see a "used by" section or its equivalent on the pdfbox
>> website.  Would
>> this be a good time to make one?
> We have a reference section [1]. What do you expect us to do? Should
> we add your
> code as example or do want to be listed on our reference list?

I didn't have anything particular in mind, I've just (I think!) seen
some of the other Apache libraries list other projects that use them.
The "simplex repaginator" tool just seemed to me like the sort of neato
use of PDFBox that might be worth mentioning, but I certainly have no
expectations.

> BTW: it would be nice if you give us some credit on your page as well.
> Something
> like "Using Apache PDFBox" including a link to our website. :-)

Well, you're already in the "Credits" page:
http://www.simplexrepaginator.com/credits/ But given that the whole
thing relies so heavily on PDFBox it certainly makes sense to make that
a bit more prominent.

>> --Robin Kirkman

Anyway, worst-case scenario, people aren't interested in the utility I
wrote.  I still think it's pretty cool though, and it saves me a heck of
a lot of menial drudgery.

--Robin Kirkman