pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Sabrina Kowarsch <sabrina.kowar...@rwth-aachen.de>
Subject Re: Extract Chapters and Pages
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 17:26:35 GMT
So there will be this /Section and /Subsection in the LaTex files and I'm
also allowed to modify the template.
However, it consists of arbitrary many subfiles. So I thought it would be
easier to just look it up in the PDF -  also for the pages.

Am 06.06.2013, 19:17 Uhr, schrieb Sabrina Kowarsch
<sabrina.kowarsch@rwth-aachen.de>:

> It would be a LaTex Document for Bachelor and Master Thesis.
> I don't think I can upload the template to public.
>
> Am 06.06.2013, 18:40 Uhr, schrieb Maruan Sahyoun
> <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> if the PDF has structure information such as bookmarks being related to
>> these chapters and subchapters than that's possible. If it's only
>> dependent on some text characteristics such as font sizes it might
>> still be possible but a much more difficult task as one needs to get
>> the text, get the text information such as font size …… maybe you have
>> a sample PDF to share on a public site (as the mailing list doesn't
>> allow attachments)
>>
>> BR
>> Maruan Sahyoun
>>
>> Am 06.06.2013 um 18:31 schrieb Sabrina Kowarsch
>> <sabrina.kowarsch@rwth-aachen.de>:
>>

>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> Is it possible to extract the titles of chapters and subchapters of an
>>> PDF and list how much pages they have each?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Sabrina