pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Robin Thomas Panicker <ro...@qburst.com>
Subject Re: Issue with PDF - Image conversion
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 09:15:19 GMT
Thanks a lot Gilad, for responding. I was not sure on what more information
to provide. Now that you have asked me the specific details, let me provide
you with more information.

I am using the below code to do the conversion of PDF - image. (Trying to
save the first page of the pdf as an image file)

 String pdfFile ="d:/hs/4.pdf";
 document = PDDocument.load( pdfFile );

            List pages = document.getDocumentCatalog().getAllPages();
            PDPage page = ( PDPage ) pages.get( 0 );
            int width = ( int ) page.getArtBox().getWidth();
            int height = ( int ) page.getArtBox().getHeight();
            BufferedImage image = page.convertToImage( imageType,
resolution );

On a machine (prod server) where the conversion DOES NOT work, I have
Ubuntu 12.4, open office 3.0
while on a machine (development machine) where the conversion works, I have
Ubuntu 10.10 and open office 3.0

On both the machines I am using the same code and version of PDFBox on both
is 1.8.1

The issue that I face is that the image conversion simply doesnt work
correctly ( I can see parts of image / text garbled, or missing) There is
no error or warning on the log outputs.

Please let me know if I can provide you with any more information in
understanding the problem

Thanks,
Robin

--