pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Yoni Amir <Yoni.A...@niceactimize.com>
Subject xfa extraction not working properly?
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 11:45:08 GMT
Hello,
I have a pdf document (link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vr2xi5cf0uzur69/TEST_POC_DS_01.pdf).

I think it is an XFA document, although I am not 100% sure how to verify this. So I apologize
in advance if this question is misdirected.
When I run the sample ExtractText class on this file, I am not receiving the actual text in
the pdf. Rather, I receive the generic text hidden in the pdf similar to this:

"Please wait... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document,
your PDF
viewer may not be able to display this type of document."

The text returned also contains stuff in French (link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oor4gj7wbhue8yc/TEST_POC_DS_01.txt)
but I haven't figured out what it is. It is not text that is visible in the PDF file.

Thanks,
Yoni

Confidentiality: This communication and any attachments are intended for the above-named persons
only and may be confidential and/or legally privileged. Any opinions expressed in this communication
are not necessarily those of NICE Actimize. If this communication has come to you in error
you must take no action based on it, nor must you copy or show it to anyone; please delete/destroy
and inform the sender by e-mail immediately.
Monitoring: NICE Actimize may monitor incoming and outgoing e-mails.
Viruses: Although we have taken steps toward ensuring that this e-mail and attachments are
free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient
should ensure they are actually virus free.