pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkuehler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: I Have a question on PDDocument.getCurrentAccessPermission().canPrint()
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 13:02:57 GMT
Hi,

Am 24.06.2013 13:02, schrieb KUCHI BHARGAV:
> Hi All,
>   I am working on PDF document features extraction
>
> i want to know whether the given pdf is printable or not
> i have used the below code snippet  to test this scenario.
>
>      public void testDocument(String dirfile){
>          PDDocument    doc=null;
>          try {
>            doc = PDDocument.load(dirfile);
>          } catch (IOException ie) {
>              System.out.println(ie);
>          }
>
>          AccessPermission ap = doc.getCurrentAccessPermission();
>          if (ap == null) {
>              System.out.println("Cannnot read access permission");
>          }
>        System.out.println(ap.canPrint());
>      }
>
> The above highlighted code is allways returning true
>
> irrespective of the document print option ?
I guess your pdf doesn't limit the access to the document, so that
the default access permission is used which will always return "true"
for any single feature.

> is there any alternative way to check the pdf printing feature ?
Open the pdf using adobe acrobat and check the document properties. All
available security features should be listed on the security tab.

> Thanks & Regards,
> Bhargav K

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler