pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Extract Chapters and Pages
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 17:21:35 GMT
does it have bookmarks related to chapters and subchapters?

Maruan Sahyoun

Am 06.06.2013 um 19:17 schrieb Sabrina Kowarsch <sabrina.kowarsch@rwth-aachen.de>:

> It would be a LaTex Document for Bachelor and Master Thesis.
> I don't think I can upload the template to public.
>
> Am 06.06.2013, 18:40 Uhr, schrieb Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> if the PDF has structure information such as bookmarks being related to these chapters
and subchapters than that's possible. If it's only dependent on some text characteristics
such as font sizes it might still be possible but a much more difficult task as one needs
to get the text, get the text information such as font size …… maybe you have a sample
PDF to share on a public site (as the mailing list doesn't allow attachments)

>> BR
>> Maruan Sahyoun
>>
>> Am 06.06.2013 um 18:31 schrieb Sabrina Kowarsch <sabrina.kowarsch@rwth-aachen.de>:
>>

>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> Is it possible to extract the titles of chapters and subchapters of an PDF and
list how much pages they have each?

>>> Regards,
>>> Sabrina