pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From SolidAndShade <solidandsh...@fastmail.fm>
Subject How to find the font used in a PDF's fillable field
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 12:25:50 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've been looking through the API docs but can't figure how to get the
font used in a particular PDField. Can anyone explain how to do this? I
need it to properly set up line wrapping for the field. Once I have the
font as a PDFont object, I can use the getStringWidth method to figure
out where the line breaks should be when pasting long text strings into
a multiline text field. I understand that if I can get a TextPosition
object associated with a fillable field, I can use that to get the font
used there, but I haven't found a way to do that either. Thanks for your
help.

  http://www.fastmail.fm/help/overview_quotes.html