pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From James Green <james.mk.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Broken Images in browser
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 12:09:27 GMT
Hi,

We're observing a bug concerning the display of images within a PDF when
that PDF is embedded in a web page and displayed using a browser plug-in.

If we build a PDF using Google Docs and embed an image, the image
disappears after being pushed through PDFBox (importPage).

If we build a PDF using OpenOffice and embed an image, the image remains
after being pushed through PDFBox (importPage).

The browser itself reports the PDF as damaged. If we then open the embedded
document in Adobe Reader, the whole thing displays fine.

We are minded to ask on some support forums but frankly we're not too sure
who to point fingers at right now. Any advice on narrowing it down would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

James