pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Buzzy Spain <bsp...@heartflow.com>
Subject Subscript/Superscripts
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 00:06:08 GMT
Hi all,

I need to add text to a pdf that includes a number of superscript and
subscript characters.  Is there a "right" way to do this?  My assumption is
that drawing the string at some location and then drawing the
super/subscript at a reduced point size offset up or down is not best
practice.  It will certainly be a pain...

The data I have is coming from a java String (UTF-16).  The String literal
is being saved with an IDE that probably saves in a less preserving format
(UTF-8?).  I can change the data source if it makes my life easier.

I am new to the world of PDFBox and the details of fonts so feel free to
start at the beginning and drive slowly.  :)

Thanks,
Buzzy