pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Peter Murray-Rust <pm...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Subscript/Superscripts
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 12:13:16 GMT
As already mentioned you have to do the layout yourself. I have been doing
the reverse - interpreting sub/superscripts which gives some idea of the
relative font sizes, the changes in y and x coordinates, etc. Some people
put a lot of effort into this (e.g. in maths, where considerable kerning is
often practised).

Is it possible that using Unicode sub and superscripts (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_subscripts_and_superscripts ) might
give a quick solution? I don't like this myself because they would not be
easily searchable.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics